Time For A Change?

19:18


I'd like to start this post by apologising for my lack of posts over the last month, as I explained in my last post I took a little break and then I unexpectedly came down with the flu over New Year.  Now, I thought I'd had the flu before but after the last few weeks I realised I definitely haven't, just bad colds.  I have never felt anywhere near as ill as I did the last few weeks.  Someone said to me the easiest way to tell if you have the flu is if someone was waving £100 in front of you whether you'd be bothered to get up and grab it, if not you have the flu.  I can honestly say that I wouldn't have moved a muscle, I felt like I was on another planet and couldn't have cared less about anything.

I have really missed blogging and have been wanting to get back into the swing of things but after being so ill and taking such a long break I've really struggled.  I've sat down several times and wrote lots of different drafts about different things but not been happy with any of them.  The more I've thought about it I'm starting to think that maybe the problem is with my blog as a whole and how much I and it has evolved since I first started it.  In the beginning it was all about fashion and I was fine with that but as I've discovered other passions such as beauty and baking I've slowly added these to my blog too and now I'm starting to feel like it just doesn't fit.  I also feel like I've always been afraid to get too personal on here as I'm a very private person but over the past year I have really suffered with my anxiety and depression, which I have touched on lightly before, but I would like to feel that I don't have to hide this part of me and be able to share my struggles and eliminate the stigma of mental health.  As I've started to become more open about my anxiety I have found there are so many more people suffering than I realised but people just don't talk about it.  So, maybe it's time for a change... a makeover, a new name and a new start.  My main problem is that I'm one of those people who hates change but I'm hoping that this change will be a good thing and make me feel more motivated to post more regularly.  I in no way intend for this blog to focus on mental health, just more about me and my passions rather than just being fashion focused.  Hence why I need a new name and maybe a new look.  So in the next few weeks I'm hoping to work on this and get myself back in a routine.

I hope I didn't ramble too much, I wanted to try and explain myself fully but not bore you all to tears. It's a bit of a scary prospect to me to open up so much on here but if I've learnt anything through blogging it's that the blogging community is one of the most supportive communities out there and I love being a part of it.  I'm now off to catch up on all your lovely blogs which I have missed reading so much.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I totally get what you mean. I have been there too. Have you read my "about change" post? If not your can find it here: http://cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de/2015/09/about-change.html
    I wrote it last Fall and its basically saying, like you do, that we change over time and our interests change and THATS FINE! Embrace every part of you and do not be afraid of it :) Your blog will be wonderful as long as you love writing about things you like. Just go for it without thinking about what your readers will think. I just wrote this somehow provacative post about what a "real" fashion blogger is (will go online tomorrow) and I totally know that I would never have dared to write something like that two years ago. But today I dont care, I just feel like doing it and if my readers dont like it, its their thing :)
    So just keep on going with whatever makes YOU happy!
    Sending much love!
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. change is good! i like reading about all the different aspects of your life, people are made up of more than one interest and my favorite blogs are where people share all of their interests. Its like your friends sometimes you have one thing in common and sometimes you have lots of things in common, i like it when blogs feel like real people and not just machines. I hope your anxiety is getting better i've struggled a lot over the years and sometimes its really bad and sometimes i cant believe it was ever that bad!
    frankie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm sure there are a lot of people like me that like a variation of posts. I also suffer from anxiety but I do beauty, fashion and lifestyle posts. Change is fun!! If a blog is consistently doing beauty review, I wouldn't come back to their blog as often! I find it sometimes a relief when I blog about anxiety, it's like getting all my thoughts and feelings out so I don't have to hold them in! Enjoy it! xx

    LAURA THINKS ABOUT BLOG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments :)

I read every single one and will always try to reply x

Subscribe