New Year. New House.

15:28


It has been so long since my last post, and so much has happened in that time, that I don't even know where to begin.  I guess I should start with what has taken up most of my time though... I bought a house!!!  I can't believe that I am even saying that!  Me and my boyfriend have been planning this for a while but I can't believe it has actually happened and I am now officially a homeowner.  The whole process has been both exciting and stressful, and has wreaked havoc with my anxiety but it has all been worth it!


There are several reasons why I haven't taken the time to post here on the blog during this period.  Firstly, I have spent every spare moment that I have had packing and unpacking, all whilst being full of cold.  So needless to say I was feeling pretty rubbish during what they say is one of the most stressful things you'll do in life.  Secondly, I have had to take time out for a bit of "self care".  If you are a follower of my blog I'm sure you're no stranger to the fact I have been battling anxiety for a while now and one of the biggest things for an anxiety sufferer is having a "safe space", a place where you can relax and feel completely comfortable.  Moving to a new house means I have lost this "safe space" and trying to create a new one has been difficult and something that I am still working on, but I am starting to get more comfortable here.  Thirdly, all this happened over Christmas and I feel like that completely bypassed me this year.  Anyone who knows me knows how obsessed I am with Christmas and I just didn't have time or money to do any Christmas shopping or just to enjoy it.  I know it's only one year and I got the biggest present possible in the house but I still couldn't help but feel a little sad that I had to forego Christmas this year.  I did however get to experience Christmas at Disneyland at the beginning of December, but I'll save that for a post of it's own soon.

Lastly, one of the main reasons I haven't been blogging regularly lately is that I think I have just lost a little bit of my passion for it a bit.  I feel with all the amazing bloggers around nowadays I have put too much pressure on myself, comparing myself to others and their blogs.  The usual things a girl does when they are having a bad day... I'm not pretty enough, I'm not skinny enough, I don't have great outfits etc.  Which has got me thinking that I would like to get back to basics.  When I first started blogging I just use to blog about stores, styles and trends that I liked, sharing my favourite looks from celebs and editorials.  Then as the blogosphere grew and the "OOTD" became a thing I finally started sharing pictures of my own outfits, but my anxiety and lack of funds for a new outfit each day meant that I couldn't keep up with posting regularly.  All the comparisons and pressure I put upon myself kind of took a little bit of the joy out blogging for me, so I'm taking the pressure off and I'm going to blog whatever I feel like whenever I feel like, whether that be outfit posts, beauty, hair, fashion, food or maybe even interiors now I have a new house to decorate.  I am hoping this will enable me to get my blogging rhythm back and become a more active part of the blogging community again as I have really missed it.

It may be a little late but I hope you all had a great Christmas and are having a great start to the new year.  I can't wait to catch up on blogs, so don't forget to leave your links in the comments.


Follow me on Bloglovin
Follow me on Instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your lovely comments :)

I read every single one and will always try to reply x

Subscribe