My Beautiful Bridesmaid Dress

13:19

As you may have gathered from my last few posts the main purpose of my trip to Santorini was to see one of my best friends get married.  I have known Lisa for 16 years now and over the years we have gotten closer and closer, and I couldn't ask for a better or more supportive friend, so I have never been more honoured than when she asked me to be her bridesmaid.  I had to hold back the tears when she asked, I love her to bits and being asked to be a part of her special day meant so much to me.

Now, as you can imagine the first thought to enter our minds was dresses and with little over 4 months until the wedding it didn't leave us much time.  I had every faith that we would find the perfect dresses and we did.  I knew that they wouldn't be your typical shiny satin bridesmaid numbers and that Lisa would want something with a more vintage or boho feel, and lucky for us one of the first dresses we picked turned out to be perfect.






Dress, £95 - Virgos Lounge at Asos

As you can see the dress is absolutely gorgeous, the 20's style art deco beading is just so pretty and everyone kept commenting how beautifully they sparkled in the Greek sunshine.  I think one of the main issues when searching for bridesmaid dresses is finding one that flatters all and we were all going to be comfortable in.  Even though the 3 of us bridesmaids are all different shapes and sizes, me being the shortest of course, they fitted us all perfectly (after mine had been shortened by several inches, even with those giant platforms, haha!).


You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Wow, you really look like a greek godist in this dress :) sooooo beautiful!
    xx
    Larissa
    http://cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so so cool darling!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaw, I love the peachy shade - very pretty! It looks great with your hair colour too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous dress, love the color and style!

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so pretty!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a beautiful gown! I want my maids to have stylish gowns too. :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's such a beautiful dress! you look great in it!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty!

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a stunning dress for a stunning place! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you a lot for your last comment dear! Still in love with your golden dress :)
    xx
    Larissa
    http://cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh my goodness, you look amazing!
    Very pretty flowers too :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww this is such a lovely post and so lovely to see how you talk and describe your friendship, there's nothing more important than people who will stand by you and support you during tough and good times and it's so nice to see you have that! :)


    Beautiful photos hun! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking beautiful babe! Like a modern day fairytale princess ;) Can't get over all the ethereal auras this stunning dress is radiating. I love the sequin-esque embroidered sleeves and your floral crown is so pretty. The boho/vintage feels are so gorgeous and I love that you went with something so unique and stand-out. It puts the Great Gatsby to shame for sure! I'm sure you did Lisa more than proud as a bridesmaid <3

    The last shot is divine, loving that sunset against the tones of the dress. Perfection!

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. the dress is so lovely, you look great!

    danielle | avec danielle // giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments :)

I read every single one and will always try to reply x

Subscribe