The End Of Summer

10:43









Top - Primark
Skirt - Matalan
Shoes - New Look

I'm a little sad to admit that summer is finally over and autumn is well on it's way, but I'm not quite ready to say goodbye yet so I thought I'd share what will probably be my final outfit of the summer.  Deep down I'm praying for a few more warmer days and those last few rays of sunshine as I have a playsuit that I bought in the Asos sale that I haven't even had chance to wear yet.  There's a few warmer days forecast for next week, so I have my fingers crossed, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I just love how girly the summer makes me feel, being able to swish around in pretty dresses and skirts like this one.  I've actually had this skirt a few years now but I still love it and only ever tend to wear it in summer.  However, as I'm cutting down on my shopping and wardrobe, this year I'm determined to find a way to transition it into my winter wardrobe and get more wear out of it.  For summer though, as it's high waisted, I like to pair it with a nice little crop top and heeled sandals or some pretty little flats.  I actually got these lovely silver flats from New Look in the sale for £7!  I just love the beautiful beading on them and the vintage feel they have to them.  They really complete the "ladylike" look of this women's skirt.

Are you sad to say goodbye to summer or are you happy to be getting all your cosy knits out?


Follow me on Bloglovin
Follow me on Instagram

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yes, I am sad to say goodbye to Summer, even though I do like the brief period of milder temperatures toward the end of September - I just don't feel ready for autumn yet.
    You look fabulous wearing that swingy high-waisted skirt from Matalon paired with the soft blue crop-top!!

    https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2018/08/national-underwear-day-2018-panties-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfit, it really is wonderful for summer :)

    In Australia, Winter just ended so I'm happy about that!

    Natalie
    www.lucyandtherunaways.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments :)

I read every single one and will always try to reply x

Subscribe