I Got A Tattoo!!

17:56


If you follow me on instagram you may have seen that yesterday I took a trip to Brighton.  Not only was this a feat in itself, being the furthest I've travelled with my anxiety in nearly two years, but I also went to get my first tattoo!  I've always wanted a tattoo but have been to indecisive and afraid to actually get it done.  Last year when I started to step out of my comfort zone and face my fears I made the decision that I wanted to get the tattoo and made it one of my goals for this year.  So when I  came across the wonderful Gee on instagram I just knew she had to be the one to do it.


The night before I barely slept due to a whole mix of emotions, I was nervous about travelling, nervous about getting it done... What if I had a panic attack and she couldn't finish it?...  All mixed with the excitement of finally finding the courage to be brave enough to do it.  This time last year it wouldn't have been something that I could even consider doing as my anxiety was way too bad.  The three and a half hour drive to Brighton gave myself plenty of time to work my nerves into a frenzy but luckily Gee was amazing.  She was so lovely, made me feel so comfortable and I don't think I could have found a more perfect person to tattoo me.  Not only was I able to get my first tattoo but my second one too!


I knew I wanted my first tattoo to be a quote that I could look down at and be reminded that no matter how tough it gets I can get through it and have before.  I have always loved this quote and although I tried to find something else that was a bit shorter, I just kept coming back to this quote so I knew it had to be the one.  When Gee showed me the design I knew I'd made the right decision as the font was perfect and exactly the type of thing I had described to her.  I really didn't know what to expect when she started to tattoo me, but surprisingly it didn't hurt at all and I now understand what people mean when they say it's hard to describe what it feels like.  The only way I can think to describe what it feels like is a slight scratching and vibrating feeling.  When I was trying to decide on my tattoo there were two different ideas that I just couldn't decide between so I decided that I would get both if the first one went well.  Thankfully it did because I loved the second design Gee came up with for me just as much.


I had toyed with the idea of having the word strength written on my wrist to remind me that I am stronger than I think and can get through the anxieties that life throw at me.  When looking at tattoos I saw lots of different of images of people with that tattoo and I just wanted something that felt more unique to me.  I also liked the idea of having an arrow tattooed on me to represent the struggle of being pulled back by my anxiety and moving forward to face and hopefully beat these anxieties.  I knew I still wanted it to represent strength too so looked for ideas for symbols of strength, and as soon as I saw this celtic one I knew that had to be the one with my Dad's side of the family being irish.  I asked if she could incorporate these things into one whole design and this is what she came up with.  I absolutely love it!!

I can't even begin to describe I how pleased I felt with myself after this experience.  Gee was absolutely amazing and I trusted her completely.  I think a big part of the experience was ensuring I had the right person doing it and I felt completely comfortable with her.  I couldn't have asked for it to go any more smoothly than it did.  This whole experience of travelling and getting these tattoos done has given me the massive boost of confidence I needed to face my anxieties head on and I will have a permanent reminder of this now and know that I can do it!!

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Wow Sadie, your courage and bravery and strength is just inspirational to the moon and back beautiful! Just when I think I can't be prouder of you, you smash another massive accomplishment & my admiration of you goes up a trillion mph once more! Seriously, you're incredible and I hope you know that to the stars and back my babe. Not only that, but you're going to be inspiring and giving hope and faith to so many people out there who will be reading this and seeing all the wonderful steps you're taking to beating anxiety and following your dreams and destinies <3

    I can't be more excited that you've not only travelled so far but made the amazing achievement of getting not one but two tattoos! Was so happy when I saw your Instagram post and to read your beaut blog post and see your journey is just perfect and makes me so pleased from the bottom of my heart for you :D I'm so glad you found someone as lovely as Gee who understood your vision and did such dreamy, meaningful tattoos. They're so gorgeous on you, I love what they both symbolise.

    When I got my first tattoo it definitely felt like a life-changing moment. There's something so special and meaningful and personal about getting your first one. I'm hoping to get a second tattoo around the time I finish writing my first novel. I'd like to get an iridescent/shimmering butterfly. You've 100% inspired me beautiful! <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also suffer from anxiety and I love love love the quote tattoo! It's so simple, but cute and also a great reminder!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! I love the arrow tattoo is unique and so cool! and I love the quote you pick is so meaningful and nice !

    http://www.luchluchcraft.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tattoo! I've been thinking of getting one for a while but I don't know if I could stand the pain ahah The quote you picked is gorgeous and the arrow is so pretty! Good on you :)

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, I'm in love! :O
    I just followed you, would you like to follow each other? <3
    mybeautydiary123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice tattos!
    xx
    http://losaway.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh this is so exciting! I LOVE the quote, looks amazing xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I love your tattoos - I think both are so simple but so powerful. Major props to you for taking the plunge! I wish I was brave enough :')

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you did this, well done I love tattoos that for that very same reason, they look gorgeous! :) xx

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so brave to got one! Love what you chose to ink on your skin. Wishing you a lovely week ahead! xx

    Andreea,
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the quote and the arrow design of your 2nd tattoo is amazing!!! You are so brave to get them done! I've wanted a tattoo for years but always back out coz I'm too scared... ><"

    http://www.crystalchiffon.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments :)

I read every single one and will always try to reply x

Subscribe