Protein Pancakes And My Relationship With Food

12:42

It's been a while since I've shared a recipe post so I thought that today I'd share a recipe for one of my favourite breakfasts right now.  I have been struggling with my self confidence again recently and one of the things I've always had a difficult relationship with, due to my anxiety, is food.  My anxiety causes a loss of appetite and my IBS to really flare up, I also struggle to eat anything that I don't particularly love, as rather than force myself to eat something I don't particularly want I'd just rather go without.  This has lead to me eating a lot of comfort food lately and has left me feeling sluggish and unhappy with my body again.  Over the years I have realised that I have an unhealthy relationship with food and eating.  I'm hoping that opening up about this and being able to share healthy recipes and keep track of my progress here may help and enable me to get the body confidence back to get back to sharing what I love to most here on the blog, outfit posts.

Yesterday I began Kayla Itsines BBG exercise program and I am determined to stick to it.  I plan to follow it as best I can, I know I'll be fine with the exercise side it's the food side I will struggle with.  Therefore I have decided not to be too strict with myself with the meal plan and just try and use it as a rough guide and make meals that are healthy but that I also love to eat so that I don't skip meals.  One of the hardest meals for me is breakfast, up until recently I very very rarely ate breakfast, it has always been one of my least favourite meals of the day.  There are very few breakfasts that I actually enjoy and would prefer to just skip it but recently I have found a couple that I'm really enjoying.  The first is protein pancakes.  Pancakes would always be my first choice for breakfast if I ever did eat it but they're not the healthiest, so to find a healthy alternative has been a huge blessing for me.  So I thought I'd share the recipe and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.


Ingredients
1 tsp coconut oil
1 egg
1 banana
30g chocolate whey protein
2 small handfuls of berries (fresh or frozen)
1 tbsp honey

Method
1. Place the egg, banana and protein into a blender and mix until smooth.
2. Place the berries and honey in a small pan and leave to soften on a low heat.
3. Whilst the berries are softening heat the coconut oil in a non stick frying pan on a medium-high heat.  Pour the pancake mixture into three small puddles in the frying pan (I like to make them small as they are a softer than normal pancakes and the bigger they are the harder I find them to flip) leave to cook for around 1-2 minutes and then flip and cook for 1 minute on the other side. Then pile onto a plate.  Repeat until you have used all the mixture (makes approx 9-12 small pancakes depending on the size)
4. Give the berries and honey a good stir and then pour on top of the pancakes.


These pancakes are super quick and easy to make and taste delicious.  What is your favourite thing to have for breakfast?  If you have any great healthy recipes to share please do let me know in the comments.


Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Bloglovin'

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your lovely comments :)

I read every single one and will always try to reply x

Subscribe