Butternut Squash And Sweet Potato Soup

14:26


Today I thought I'd share with you one of my favourite winter comfort foods.  I have so many different outfit posts that I have wanted to do in the last week and a half but the British winter is really not a blogger's best friend, it has either been raining, too dull or gale force winds.  I really need to find somewhere good to shoot inside but the lighting is just terrible in my house.  I promise to find a solution and get some more outfit posts up soon though, as I have a few new winter bits that I want to share with you all.

Back to today's post though, this butternut squash and sweet potato soup is one of my favourite winter recipes.  There's just something so comforting about a nice big bowl of soup when it's wet and cold outside.  The other thing I really love about this particular soup is how thick it is, if my soup is too watery I don't really feel like I've eaten but this soup is so filling and another added bonus is that it's super healthy.


Ingredients
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 Butternut Squash, peeled and diced
1 Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
1 Onion, diced
900ml vegetable stock

Method
1. Heat the oil in a pan, then add the onions and cook over a low heat until softened.
2. Add the butternut squash and sweet potato and heat for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil, then simmer for 45 minutes.
4. Blend all the ingredients using a hand blender.

As you can see it is a super simple recipe and takes hardly any effort at all.  I have just shared the basic recipe with you but there are lots of different things that you can add for more flavour to suit your tastes.  Sometimes I like to add some mixed herbs to it or some garlic.  Different spices also work great in this soup, such as ginger, nutmeg or cinnamon.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.

What are your favourite winter recipes?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. That looks yummy!!

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Não é o género de comidas que me abram muito o apetite mas esta conseguiu fazê-lo!! Que bom aspecto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Potato soup sounds amazing! I love pumpkin soup too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my faves! I love the look of this, looks delish and so comforting! x

    Josie |Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so delicious Sadie, I'm definitely trying this recipe!

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great this soap!!

    Kiss kiss.*Jo
    http://joandcompanystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments :)

I read every single one and will always try to reply x

Subscribe