Mad Hatters Afternoon Tea

19:17


Whilst I was looking through my photos for pictures of my mum for Mother's Day I came across the photos of this afternoon tea I took her for as a treat for her birthday.  I can't believe I didn't share them before now, as it was absolutely amazing!




Afternoon tea is one of my favourite treats, what could be more perfect than mini sandwiches and cake... lots of cake!  We went to Teapots and Teacups Tearoom, a cute little tearoom in town with lots of shabby chic furniture and a variety of afternoon teas on offer.  Although I knew we were going to have afternoon tea I made the huge mistake of opting for a Banoffee milkshake, as I just couldn't resist.  I have the biggest sweet tooth ever and if there is a special milkshake on offer I just have to try it.  Once I was getting towards the end though I did start to feel slightly sick from drinking it alongside all those sweet treats and then the sugar rush certainly started to kick in.  The afternoon tea we opted for was the Mad Hatter's Afternoon tea which also comes with a hat for you to wear whilst having your afternoon tea.  A little bit of a fun addition, especially if you're visiting for a special occasion.  Onto the afternoon tea itself, the first tier was made up of oddly shaped and sized sandwiches (which added to the mad theme), a side salad, crisps and coleslaw.  The second tier had a little mini milkshake each and a slice of angel cake each, which was absolutely delicious!  The top tier then had scones, a little plant pot filled with chocolate brownie, macarons and some small flavoured choux buns.  As if that wasn't already enough, atop of all of this was a bowl filled with strawberries, marshmallows and sweets.  It was a match made in heaven for a sweet lover like me.  I have had a few afternoon teas in my time and so far this one is top of the list, it's going to take some beating!


Where was the best afternoon tea you've ever had?


Follow me on Bloglovin
Follow me on Instagram

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, this mad hatters afternoon tea is out of this magical world sweet Sadie! I'm in sugar land paradise looking at all these gorgeous rainbow and sugar high goodies. Such a lovely Mother's Day treat for your mum, I'm sure she absolutely loved it :D My boyf and I go to afternoon teas every now and then but we've never done one with colourful treats so I'll definitely be adding a place like this to my list for another time :) I can't stop looking at that angel cake, so dreamy and divine! The mini milkshakes also look absolutely perfect! So happy you had a fabulous time! I think the best afternoon tea we had is at Rowhill Grange, but this definitely looks dreamier! <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments :)

I read every single one and will always try to reply x

Subscribe